Sat, 05 Feb|
INTRO. TO SANSKRTA (SANSKRTA PURVAPITHIKA)
Our new online introductory-level Sanskrit grammar (vyakarana) course - SANSKRTA PURVAPITHIKA - will run from 5 February until 26 November 2022. The course spans 43 Saturday afternoons with each session being 3 hours long, therefore 129 hours of study.
Time & Location
05 Feb 2022, 14:00 SAST – 26 Nov 2022, 17:00 SAST
About the event
Join Georgios Demetriades, founder of the Hiranya Mandala School of Yoga Integration and Meditation, and a long-time Sanskrit scholar and Yoga practitioner/teacher, for an enriching experience of Sanskrit grammar and phonetics.
This course is ideal for those who would like to improve their knowledge of the language relative to the Indian systems of science, philosophy and scripture.
This study includes:
• Vowels (Svaraksarani)
• Consonants (Vyanjanani)
• Combined consonants (Samyukta/Samyoga Aksarani)
• Panini Maheshvara Sutras (Mahesvarani Sutrani)
• Basic Words (Shabdah)
• Singular/Dual/Plural (Ekavacanam/Dvivacanam/Bahuvacanam)
• Verbs (Kriyashabdah)
• First Case (Prathama Vibhakti)
• Accusative Case (Dvitiya Vibhakti)
• Instrumental Case (Trtiya Vibhakti)
• Dative Case (Caturthi Vibhakti)
• Ablative Case (Pancami Vibhakti)
• Genetive Case (Sasti Vibhakti)
• Locative Case (Saptami Vibhakti)
• Nouns and Adjectives (Vishesyam Vishesanam ca)
• Indeclinables (Avyayani)
• Present Tense (Lat Lakarah)
• Past Tense (Lan Lakarah)
• Future Tense (Lrt Lakarah), and more
Students will receive notes weekly as well as homework for self study and practice.
Note: This is a formal study, and upon successful completion of the course the student will
receive a certificate of attendance.
The course costs ZAR4000 per person (to be paid upfront).
Contact Georgios directly to RSVP for the course by no later than 3 February.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 (0)76 185 8168