Sat, 19 Nov|
Discover the health-giving benefits of pranayama and yoga nidra.
Time & Location
19 Nov 2022, 15:00 – 17:00 SAST
Randburg, 72 Greenfield Rd, Greenside, Randburg, 2195, South Africa
About the event
The workshop explores:
• the psycho-physical and psycho-spiritual benefits of the science of life control (pranayama), and its ability to induce sensory withdrawal (pratyahara); the necessary stage of awareness, that makes higher spiritual practices, such as meditation (dhyanam), possible.
• introductory-level anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system, and how pranayama is made possible through the correct practice of asana, internal locks (bandhas), and psycho-energetic seals/gestures (mudras).
• right adjustments for safe pranayama practices,
• basic Ayurveda herbology for the remedy of common respiratory-related ailments, and how these can be used to benefit both the respiratory and nervous systems, respectively.
• guided conscious sleep (yoga nidra) for the integration of body, mind and soul; through conscious relaxation, and to soothe the nervous system.
Healthy refreshments will be served.