Sat, 20 Aug|
Oneness Yoga Studio
YOGA ESSENTIALS TOUR: ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA CHIKITSA
An essential immersion into the principles that constitute the correct execution of the postures, breathing processes etc. of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Chikitsa
Time & Location
20 Aug 2022, 14:30 – 17:30 SAST
Oneness Yoga Studio, 8 Haven Rd, Dawncliffe, Westville, 3629, South Africa
About the event
1. Geometry of Asana - learn to align the body correctly in order to improve energy flows
in the body during asana practices. This aspect of the workshop will help increase one's
awareness of the body and mind as one executes, holds and exits a pose. Some anatomy
will also be taught.
2. Hands-on-Adjustments (for teachers) - learn to adjust your client carefully and respectfully
whilst they execute and hold the various poses
3. Application of Pranayama and Bandha - learn breath synchronisation and its application
during asana sadhana, as well as how to engage the internal locks correctly relative to movement
and breath. This will also be dealt with on a deeper level relative to the teachings of the Hatha Yoga
Pradipika of Swami Svatmarama and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
4. Ayurveda in Asana and Pranayama - this segment will deal with the faults (doshas) of Ayurveda as
well as right asana practices best suited for one's individual constitution (prakrti). We will also discuss
daily regimens (dinacarya) and seasonal regimens (rtucarya) relative to the practices of Hatha Yoga.
The Ayurvedic component will be dealt with in the light of the teachings of the Ashtanga Hrdayam
5. Compassionate Awareness - in this part of the programme, we will explore the use of props
and how these may be used to lighten or deepen our experience of the asanas. This ties into the
hands-on-adjustments segment, and how one can learn to not only adjust oneself, gently, but also
how to take the limitations of clients into consideration when teaching.
LEVEL: BEGINNER TO ADVANCED