Sun, 21 Aug|
Oneness Yoga Studio
YOGA ESSENTIALS TOUR: SPIRITUAL SAMSKRTAM
An essential study of foundational principles of the Samskrtam language.
Time & Location
21 Aug 2022, 09:00 – 12:00 SAST
Oneness Yoga Studio, 8 Haven Rd, Dawncliffe, Westville, 3629, South Africa
About the event
1. History of Samskrtam language - learn about the origins of the Sanskrtam language
and its status as a language of high learning in India
2. Study of the Alphabet - learn to intone the 52 alphabets of the Samskrtam language
according to mouth position. We will also learn to write the alphabet.
3. Word forming process - learn how words are formed from root words (dhatus)
and their evolution into fully-formed words (padas), respectively.
4. Practical application of Samskrtam - students will be taught how to read and write
simple Samskrtam words that they encounter frequently in their study of Yoga
4. Spiritual dimension of the Samskrtam language and how it relates to the astral
dimension of life, in light of the teachings of the Mahanirvana Tantra and the Sat
5. How to chant mantras properly - includes precautions and the proper use of
rudraksa mala beads
6. Recital of popular Vedic hymns in the correct meters e.g. Purnam Adah
7. Meditation on some of the Great Sayings (Mahavakyas) of the Upanishads