ISHTA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 2023
JOIN US ON THE JOURNEY OF SELF ENQUIRY, AND PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL WELL-BEING.
The foundation of our school combines the physical with the inner emotional and spiritual journey. By integrating body, breath, movement, and meditative awareness, we promote awareness of the interdependency of all these aspects in personal health and wellbeing. At Hiranya Mandala School of Yoga Integration and Meditation, we use our extensive training and in-depth understanding of the human body and psyche to teach and cultivate awareness of one’s own practice and life process. The 500-HR ISHTA Yoga Teacher Training course exposes the prospective student to the sciences of Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda, and gives him/her the chance to integrate these into his/her daily life, practically. Students are also acquainted with the Samskrtam language, thus placing the teachings, historically, into the context of the Vedic tradition (1000 - 500 BCE) and the more Classical Period (300 - 400 BCE).
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course would suit those people who desire to teach Yoga as either a purely physical process or a spiritual process, or a combination of these. It will also benefit people who struggle with physical, mental and spiritual afflications, by encouraging a systematic process of introspective self-analysis in an attempt to ascertain, understand and clarify the underlying causes of these disturbances. In this way, the student of Yoga not only regains well-being but, also, becomes better prepared as a teacher to assist others in an understanding of the subtle nuances and intracacies of spiritual life. This course is also suited to those who desire to learn the fundamentals of the aforesaid systems of knowledge purely for their own self-enrichment and growth, and not to necessarily teach.
2. Hatha Yoga Techniques including yogasanas, pranayama, karana, mudra and yoga nidra
3. Raja Yoga meditation techniques
4. Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga practitioners
5. Mantra Tantra and Yantra
6. Ayurveda for Yoga practitioners including doshas, malas, pranas, agnis, srotas, dravya guna, diet, daily regimen (dinacarya) and seasonal regimens (rtucarya) etc.
7. Basic Samskrtam grammar for Yoga practitioners
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 500-HR ISHTA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
The entry requirements for the course are:
1. The submission of an essay about what Yoga means to you, what Yoga's ultimate purpose is, and why you feel
drawn to teaching ISHTA Yoga
2. Prior Yoga practice (including self-practice) of at least 2 years
3. Must have a matric certificate (at least 18 years of age)
4. English as a first language (teaching medium is English)
DURATION OF COURSE
The 500-HR ISHTA Teacher Training course starts on 2 September 2023 and ends on 28 September 2024.
The course takes 1 year to complete, and requires the completion of 500 hours of study.
200 hours = Lectures attended in person, once weekly (occasionally, a second lesson per week will be arranged) in-person or online
100 hours = Self practice (sadhana)
30 hours = Teaching methodology
80 hours = Philosophy, ethics, lifestyle
30 hours = Anatomy and physiology
60 hours = Assignments