IGSCE SAMSKRTAM VYAKARANAM
Study the Language of the Gods.
The prestigeous IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) in Samskrtam Vyakaranam (Grammar) offered by the University of Cambridge immerses the student in the Samskrtam tradition, and is an invaluable adjunctive study for those studying the 500-HR ISHTA Yoga Teacher Training course offered by the Hiranya Mandala School of Yoga Integration and Meditation, or other related studies. Learn to read, write and speak Samskrtam, with ease.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The abovementioned course is ideal for students of Yoga, Tantra, Ayurveda or any of the philosophical, scientific and scriptural studies of the Vedic sages of India. The information is presented in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IGCSE SAMSKRTAM COURSE
The entry requirements for the course are:
1. Previous Yoga philosophy studies (not mandatory) would be beneficial
2. English as a first or second language (teaching medium includes English)
After successful completion of this course, the student can be employed as an assistant teacher in foundational Samskrtam.
DURATION OF COURSE
The IGCSE in Samskrtam starts on 4 February 2023 and ends in June 2025. This part-time course takes 2 years to complete.
• Vowels (Svaraksarani)
• Consonants (Vyanjanani)
• Combined consonants (Samyukta/Samyoga Aksarani)
• Panini Maheshvara Sutras (Mahesvarani Sutrani)
• Basic Words (Shabdah)
• Singular/Dual/Plural (Ekavacanam/Dvivacanam/Bahuvacanam)
• Verbs (Kriyashabdah)
• Nominative Case (Prathama Vibhakti)
• Accusative Case (Dvitiya Vibhakti)
• Instrumental Case (Trtiya Vibhakti)
• Dative Case (Caturthi Vibhakti)
• Ablative Case (Pancami Vibhakti)
• Genetive Case (Sasti Vibhakti)
• Locative Case (Saptami Vibhakti)
• Nouns and Adjectives (Vishesyam Vishesanam ca)
• Indeclinables (Avyayani)
• Present Tense (Lat Lakarah)
• Past Tense (Lan Lakarah)
• Future Tense (Lrt Lakarah), and more.
Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the examination, the candidate will receive a certificate. The course is accredited through the University of Cambridge, and is recognised internationally.
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATIONS IS 16 JANUARY 2023.
The course costs R9000 per person per year, and includes all books and writing material. A 50% deposit is payable upfront, upon registering for the course, and is non-refundable after 7 days of the starting date of the course. An easy payment plan of 3 months is available.